Frequently Asked Questions

How much money is Teamsters Managed Trust Fund deducting from my paycheck?

The Trust Fund does not deduct payments from member’s paychecks. Please contact your employer.

What do I need to do to add my newborn on to my benefits?

Please call or email us and we will mail you change forms for your selected providers. You must complete and return the forms, as well as enclose a copy of the newborn’s birth certificate to the Plan Administrative Office.

When do I become eligible for benefits?

You will become eligible for benefits upon completion of any waiting periods required by your employer’s Collective Bargaining Agreement and the Trust Fund’s waiting period, and your employer makes the required contribution to the Trust Fund on your behalf.

What happens if I stop working?

If you are laid-off or terminate employment, you will receive a COBRA notice regarding continuation of coverage once your coverage ceases.

What are the Plan Administrative Office's hours of operation?

Monday thru Friday, 9:00am to 4:30pm (excluding holidays).

I have not received my dental ID card and I need to see a dentist... what should I do?

It is not necessary to have an ID card prior to receiving services from your dental provider. You can provide the dentist with your group number and the name of your dental plan.

I am on disability, how do I maintain my active benefits?

If you are disabled the Trust Fund will continue your benefits up to three months. You must complete the Proof of Disability form and submit it to the Plan Administrative Office. You may be entitled to additional months of coverage through your employer, please see your Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Can I enroll my domestic partner?

No, the Plan is no longer covering domestic partners, effective January 1, 2016.  Please note that participants who enrolled a domestic partner prior to January 1, 2016 will be allowed to continue coverage of their domestic partner in the Trust Fund.

What do I do if my dependent(s) have a different last name than my own?

To enroll a dependent with a different last name than your own, you will need to prove the dependent’s eligibility through submission of a copy of the appropriate documents (i.e., a marriage certificate if you are adding a spouse and a birth certificate if you are adding a child).

What is VSP?

VSP stands for Vision Service Plan, which has been contracted to administer your vision care benefits (for those participants with vision coverage). The highest benefits are paid when you use a VSP provider. To locate a VSP provider you can visit www.vsp.com

Why must I provide social security numbers to the Plan Administrative Office for me and my dependents?

Mandatory Insurer Reporting Law requires group health plans to report all social security numbers to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). ILWU Warehouse Welfare Fund must collect this information in order to document that the Trust Fund is properly coordinating coverage with Medicare. Under federal law, all social security numbers must be collected on the member, spouse and children who are covered under a group health plan. For more information, you can view the CMS Mandatory Reporting and SSN Collection Notice.